In the following we will inform you about developments regarding pinnet. Please bear in mind that the website is purely a leisure time project.
- We have further improved the code efficiency of pinnet. As a result, the pages appear slightly faster than before, especially in situations of increased activity on the server.
- In order to secure a positive experience for the increasing number of pinnet users, we have expanded the server capacity.
- The filter for inappropriate expressions was greatly improved: it recognises many more variants than before.
- Below a pinboard you can now also display the linked boards. That makes switching between the boards in seminars or workshops much easier. This board-link footer is an alternative to the already existing subscribe-me footer. In order to change the footers, you need to be logged on as a board owner.
- If a board is password-protected, you were not able to bookmark the export or settings page: after login pinnet would always show the selected pinboard itself. You would then have to click your way through to the settings or export pages. The direct access is now possible, even if a login is required.
- If you are using a pinnet board on different, bigger screen sizes, it may have happened that cards disappeared to the top or to the left for smaller screens. pinnet compensates such problematic positioning now (upon reloading a page).
- If you tried to reject the board ownership via the confirmation link, an error had occurred. The feature works again.
- If a browser session is deleted while accessing a board, an empty page instead of a forwarding to the home page may have been displayed.
- Owners of a board can now decide whether the user interface is in the same language for all board users or if the user themselves can decide about the language individually as before.
- If no email address had been provided during the creation of a board or in case the email address was wrong, pinnet did not offer the possibility to correct or add the email address at a later stage. Both is now possible.
- Clicking on a verification link of an email had resulted in logging off from all boards. Now the current boards and user permissions stay in place.
- The box to add a new note was invisible in one of the permission levels when it actually should have been displayed.
- Besides GIF, JPG and PNG you can now also upload WEBP graphics.
- Animated GIFs will also keep animations in their smaller previews.
- The user interface and application code were improved on various smaller issues.
- Pinboard owners may enable the uploading of images via the settings. By default, this feature is deactivated. One image can be added per card. GIF, JPG and PNG formats are permitted. The upload feature can be found under the button « ↓ More » when creating a card.
The prerequisite for picture uploads is that the pinboard is password-protected and has a confirmed e-mail address of the board owner.
- Items in the trash bin will be auto-deleted after 7 days. Before, the deletion was only executed after 14 days. The reduction was introduced because many users were not fully aware that the interim step of a trash bin exists.
- If a user only had the right to read but not to write comments, then the other comments were overlapping each other. That is now fixed.
- When a pinboard owner had restricted certain features, some may have still been available to regular users.
- If the user interface is set to English locale, also the HTML meta information will be set correctly.
- Missing translations were added.
- A bug from yesterday's update was been fixed: the confirmation of email addresses for boards could fail.
- The daily summaries do not contain HTML anymore when they are sent in text format.
- If you try to re-access a used unsubscribe link, there will no longer be a code error, but just a hint that the task is not valid (anymore).
- In order to protect the pinnet system better from overload, the creation of several new boards within a short timeframe is limited now.
- In order to prevent spamming of board contents, the recognition of automated bots has been improved.
- Cards may now have angular and roundish shapes. You can switch between two shapes by clicking on the shape button on the upper left side of card.
- The cards are now displayed with the same font on all devices.
- By accident new boards had been created with the simple view mode, which omits the card footers. Now new boards are again created in extended mode with all features available by default.
- Switching between German and English versions of pinnet just got easier: click on the flag on the uppper right side.
- Until now only the board access password for regular participants could be changed. The owner's password was fixed. That has changed: via the «Forgot password?» feature it is now ensured that board owners can no longer lose access to the administrative settings.
- The footer area of a board has been reworked. Some of the display/view settings can now be found under the [👁 View] button.
- The pinnet news page is now available in English language as well.
- We have solved some minor problems that occurred when saving the settings of a board or when the card input field was switched off and on.
- Some Apple devices were not able to interpret the confirmation links to newly set up boards. From now on pinnet sends out more compatible links.
- When accessing the export view, you may now choose whether to include comments and star ratings as well.
- Bugfix: an update some days ago had caused the problem that the subscription form was no longer visible.
- The English translation of pinnet gets more and more complete.
- Until now only one board at a time could be open in the browser session. Especially for seminar settings that was not too practical. Such limitation is now gone: you can open additional boards at any time via the navigation menu on the top right side, in order to use them in separate browser tabs or windows.
- pinnet now appears in a more modern design. And it has a logo now!
- Pinboard owners can choose from more diverse range of options of what their participants may or may not do: write, delete, move, colourize…
- Finally pinnet gets multilingual! The English version is the first available translation. Currently about 60% is translated. English devices or browsers are recognised automatically. If you want to choose manually, you can switch with the following links: English (pinnet.eu?ln=en) und German (pinnet.eu?ln=en)
In case you find any mistakes or want to contribute to the translations, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com